Thursday, September 23, 2010

faraway land...

I have just realized how inconsistent am I by updating my blog. The last post is awaiting for my results back in first semester. That brings back a lot of memories and how bad my gpa was, and even worse in 2nd semester.

And nearing to a year, I am updating here again randomly. This feels a little different compared to the past. I'm feeling slightly heavier than normal as I'm situated now in Glasgow, Scotland. It has been almost a week since I last entered University of Strathclyde. Perhaps the expectation was a little too high, that's why I'm feeling disappointed by the school, environment and people.

My heart felt heavier especially when my core modules are not settled yet. I feel unsecured because I'm not having control over the things I'm doing. The people and the culture here are way too slack compared to Singapore. And of course, NTU is very much a spoon fed environment for students compared to UoS here. A lot of things are meant to be explored and discovered by students, not forgetting more time needed for self-studying too. The thought of it makes me ponder if I'm really here for studies or leisure/pleasure. The professor was telling me about grades. That actually ignite the spark within my inner self, the usual challenge-lover that hoping to fight against the UK, China and other elite international students! I wish to get all A+ and own their asses. A perfectionist and a high ego snobbish idiot! I have always aim for perfect gpa since poly, but I have failed to do so, the most is almost perfecting the gpa. ALWAYS LEFT THAT LITTLE!!!!

I have just skyped with my APUS freshies, not all of them but most of them. I felt good as I can chat with them once again after FOC. Spent the previous few days skyping with family, APUS and other friends. They make my day even though how bad it was. They are always that caring and nice, just that it's a waste that they are not here to be on exchange with me! I MISS EVERYONE! I MISS U!

Flashbacks running through my mind now, and I couldn't use any words to express my thoughts. I can only say, I'm feeling a lot now, more than usual. Maybe I'm better off as a loner, keeping everything to myself again. This is probably the true rayduin.

3 comments:

SpicyWhiny said...

hello! so happy that you are blogging again! c'mon you are not loner rayduin pls! you like to talk so much! haha

why are you heavier now that you are in the UK? haha eat too much is it? aiyo next yr when you're back am i not going to be able to recognise you again? hahaha.

just explore the faraway land you're in now. immerse yourself in their culture and experience a different life. isnt it good to put yourself in a different situation and learn to enjoy it too? Also, i just realised you like to complain!! haha just make the best out of this trip lor.. and dont forget to buy lots of presents for your loved ones!! hehehe.

BluEmELLOws said...

IT must be a very different feeling being in a faraway land.. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. You now have an opportunity to appreciate your homeland, family, friends and Sg's food~ Haha!! Tc & enjoy urself while u're thr~ You'll not be thr forever so cheer up Rayduin! If u notice ur name has a RAY of hope!! Lame right!!=P Not alot of people has opportunity like you. Make full use of it.. Don't just go thru the motions!! Stay happy =D

rayduin said...

spicywhiny sounds like my 10yrs friend? is that u??
and i got no money, and duno wat to get for u all.. so i understand u all will understand me too!!

bluemellows sounds like my pri sch friend.. is that right nurse?

and thank you all.. thanks for the encouragement.. lolx.. BUT STILL SIANZ..